Apple iPhone

Man killed while charging iPhone in bath

mm
Written by Kamil Arli

A man was electrocuted as he tried to charge his mobile phone in the bath, an inquest has heard. 

An English coroner will warn Apple that iPhone chargers can be potentially deadly after a man was electrocuted while charging his phone in the bath.

BULL HAS USED AN EXTENSION CORD TO CONNECT THE CHARGER

SEE ALSO:   Apple very quietly launched a brand-new iPhone model

The Telegraph reports that 32-year-old Richard Bull died after his phone accidentally fell in the water as he was bathing in December. Bull had used an extension cord to connect the charger to an outlet in the hallway.

Bull’s wife reportedly thought he had been attacked because his burns were so severe.

Coroner Sean Cummings said he intends to write a letter to Apple.

“These seem like innocuous devices, but they can be as dangerous as a hairdryer in a bathroom. They should attach warnings,” he said, according to The Telegraph. “I intend to write a report later to the makers of the phone.”

SEE ALSO:   Apple to launch 4 iPads: Are you ready for 12.9-inch iPad Pro 2, iPad Mini Pro and more?

source: nbc

 

About the author

mm

Kamil Arli

Editor of DigitalReview.co. Digital Media Consultant

Leave a Comment